Looking back through my notes and found these great principles for self affirmation. Can't remember where I got them but they are awesome and hit home for me today!
10 PRINCIPLES FOR SELF AFFIRMATION
"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good." - Genesis 1:31
God knew the specific purpose you were born to fulfill, so He provided all the gifts you'd need, including the environment required to put it all together. Then He looked at you and said, "Very good." Can you say that too? It's important that you can. Why? Because others will treat you according to how you treat yourself! This is not pride, it's just healthy self-esteem based on God's opinion of you as revealed in His Word. When you have it, it affects every area of your life. Truth be told, it determines how far you'll go in life.
Stop and ask yourself today, "How do I really feel about myself?" Before you answer read these ten principles. Better yet, keep them before you daily.
- Never think or speak negatively about yourself; that puts you in disagreement with God.
- Meditate on your God-given strengths and learn to encourage yourself, for much of the time nobody else will.
- Don't compare yourself to anybody else. You're unique, one of a kind, an original. So don't settle for being a copy.
- Focus on your potential, not your limitations. Remember, God lives in you!
- Find what you like to do, do well, and strive to do it with excellence.
- Have the courage to be different. Be a God pleaser, not a people pleaser.
- Learn to handle criticism. Let it develop you instead of discourage you.
- Determine your own worth instead of letting others do it for you. They'll short-change you!
- Keep your shortcomings in perspective - you're still a work in progress.
- Focus daily on your greatest source of confidence - the God Who lives in you!